At West Park Elementary, grade four and five students have the opportunity to engage in leadership roles each year at a variety of levels. Grade four and five students "apply" for a leadership role in their area of interest.
- Office Leaders - Students learn skills in answering phones, running the intercom system, and taking messages for staff members over the lunch hour.
- Amazing Announcers - Participating students announce daily events, birthdays, guests and supervisors each day.
- Phys. Ed. Team - This team ensures the gym storage room is kept neat and orderly and support and plan lunch hour intramurals.
- Library Leaders - Students assist in shelving library books over the lunch hour on a weekly basis.
- AMA Safety Patrols - Grade five students support younger students in crossing the street safely. Patrollers supervise at the southeast corner heading east and south.